Avian Pet Care in Whitestone
While most pet owners stick to the common companion animals like cats and dogs, some pet owners prefer avians and other birds as pets. Birds can be a beautiful addition to your life and provide wonderful companionship. Some reasons why birds make good pets include:
- They are extremely intelligent creatures that are easy to train and socialize. Interacting with them can be very entertaining.
- Birds are relatively inexpensive to take care of on average, compared to other common household pets. This includes general veterinary bills as well as their nutritional needs.
- Unlike dogs that need to be walked multiple times a day, birds are very low maintenance. They are naturally clean creatures and generally don’t require much. However, be sure to give them attention and interaction each day.
- Birds can live in small living spaces and can easily fit in smaller apartments and one-bedroom condos.
- Birds can live for a long time and will provide you companionship over the course of many years.
For Avian Pet Care, Visit North Shore Animal Hospital
Whether your bird is experiencing symptoms of illness such as fluffed feathers, changes in behavior and eating habits, weakness, dropped wings, nasal and eye discharge, or is in need of a general check-up, visit our hospital in the Whitestone area. Fortunately for your feathered friend, North Shore Animal Hospital has dedicated veterinary professionals who have undergone extensive training to gain the knowledge necessary to care for these special species. Birds can make wonderful pets, so return the favor with equally incredible care to keep your winged companion happy and healthy for years to come. If you’re searching for an avian veterinarian in Bayside, Whitestone, or Flushing, please contact us for more information about the services we can provide for your bird.